What does the CENIC Connection Tracker track and show me?
At any given time at CENIC, there can be hundreds of bandwidth upgrade projects in planning or implementation stages. These are complex projects with numerous steps to completion. The new CENIC Connection Tracker displays the status of projects that are currently in progress among three segments (with other segments to follow): K12, libraries, and community colleges.
- The CENIC Connection Tracker displays each project in fourteen steps from the initial project overview meeting through to completion, showing progress for each individual institution, as well as aggregate process within a sector.
- At the end of each fiscal year, completed projects will become part of a project archive, while on-going projects will continue to be shown on the tracker, as many the timing of upgrade projects is frequently not coterminous with the fiscal calendar.
- To check on a project of interest to you, first go to the appropriate CENIC segment, and you will see that the projects are then listed alphabetically. Simply click on the project you wish to view. (Sometimes an institution may have several concurrent upgrade projects).
- To understand what each step entails, click on that step for more detailed information.
- You can also see aggregate progress within a segment, in the grey bar at the top of the page above the connection steps.
- If you click on charts you can access pie and bar charts that display progress for each step within the segment.
How often is the tracker updated? The application will be updated every Thursday afternoon, with most current data appearing on Friday mornings.
Need Help? For questions or support for the tracker Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.